How I earn 100K Pesos in 3 days in Youtube Because of Trillanes and Paolo Duterte

This sounds like too good to be true, a lie, a scam. But it's not. I honestly earned a hundred Thousand Pesos in one month, Seventy Thousand in a matter of 3 days. How? Okay first let me tell you a story, a backstory how I began my Youtube journey. 

The first channel I made was "Cebu and Davao Journey". It was at first a political channel or a channel that provides contents that involve politics, political issues, political news, latest news, including trends. Philippine politics to be exact. Although the very first video that was uploaded on that channel was a travel video. It was 2014. I was in Manila City where I was riding at the back of a Vespa motorcycle with a friend and roam around the streets. We drove around Jones Bridge, Binondo, Manila's Chinatown, Intramuros, University of Sto. Tomas etc... 

After about two years, Presidential Elections came. And it was the time Rodrigo Duterte became an overnight superstar in the world of politics when people wanted him to run the Presidential seat but he himself had never decided it yet. It was an actual, real life teleserye, because people, Filipinos, were waiting for him to finally file the canididacy for President. And then boom! Alas. On the month of October 2105, Duterte ran. He ran late through a substitution. Duterte substituted a candidate who was a member of same party he also belonged.
Image from Rappler.com

This is how and the time Youtube became a propaganda tool, also a money-making tool, in the Presidential elections, well, not just for people involved in the elections, but bloggers, content creators who are at the same time fans of Rody Duterte. Every time Duterte made a statement, a speech, or even just a few words with journalists, Duterte vloggers were so ardent to tell about it in their channels, whether or not this was an opinion, reaction video or not, because some, if not most, were actually uploading videos from Facebook Live, live videos from Facebook which owners only God knows who. Preferably from Facebook pages. Some are local, interviews right from Davao city and videos that were for propaganda uses for the elections. 

Youtube in 2014 was not as strict as now. Although in the old days you will be penalized for using, uploading videos that were not orginally yours. But the penalty was not as fast as now. 

With the vast number of political vloggers, particularly Duterte vloggers, DDS as they call themselves, Die-Hard DUterte SUpporters, who were uploading these videos in YouTube and earned big, really big, I began to get involved in this mania, this craze. I was seeing these videos with ads in them, so I thought, why won't I do the same? That was the time I began to upload videos that were not mine. I was not yet earning big time at those times because I was just starting. 

Fast forward. September 2017, as I kept on uploading videos either from PCOO, (Presidential Communications Operations Office.) a government press, formerly known as Office of the Press Secretary, or from Senate of the Philippines Facebook page, especially the live, Facebook Live, I uploaded one video that skyrocketed in a matter of 3 days. On the first day I was on #1 Trending in Youtube, probably in a matter of 24 hours or more, as far as I can remember. 

The video was the Senate Hearing of the BOC (Bureau of Customs) scandal that made the then Davao City Vice Mayor Paolo Duterte being summoned after couple of days it started its hearing. Antonio Trillanes, a Navy, and a former rebel and prisoner for committing Coup against the Gloria Arroyo government in the previous years, was already a Senator. Trillanes and Paolo Duterte were controversial political figures because of their demenour and background in Philippine politics. And these two were already exchanging words, statements against each other in the press, considering Trillanes was a well-known Anti DUterte. The exact segment or the clip, the moment where the two were in the Senate Hall face to face and the exact time where Senator Trillanes was ardently asking questions to the resource person, Paolo Duterte. Senator Gordon, the then chairman of the Blue Ribbon COmmittee, the one conducting the investigation of the BOC scandal, was interrupting when Trillanes was starting to become cocky in his line of questioning. But Duterte wasn't answering Trillanes, especially the part he was asked about his bank accounts and some very personal stuffs. AFterwards it began to seemed like an interrogation because Trillanes accused Duterte of being a member of a drug syndicate, in which he told Duterte to take off his shirt to prove to the people he didn't have a tatoo, since a member of this syndicate, Triad, as far as I can remember, have tatoos on their backs. DUterte refused to take off his shirt and show his bare back to the audience and on public television. He said that it was against his rights. He invoked his right to privacy, as his laywer advised who was also at the Senate hearing. This made hell broke loose when Trillanes continued to interrogate Duterte live on public television. I was recording this occurence live using a sreen recorder on my desktop computer. All of it. AFter this part, probably for 10 to 12 minutes, as I cut it short even though the two were still talking, and Senator Gordon gave some warnings to Trillanes to not to do those kinds of questioning, bias or not Senator Gordon was I didnt care. All I care was that I will be the first one to upload that incident in YouTube, despite many, thousands or almost a hundred thousand people were already watching it live. But not all. This moment should be seen by 
millions. So I immediately uploaded in YouTube without me on the video giving opinion, taking all the risks for my channel to either be terminated or demonetized. In a matter of one minute upload my 10-minute video was published in YouTube with the title "Trillanes tinawanan ni Paolo DUterte sa Senate Hearing dahil pinagalitan ni Senador Gordon." I didn't have any expectations, although I was hoping, because at the first 15 minutes I only got measly fifty views. SO I wasnt expecting this video to go viral. I went offline, went outside our house to drink beer with some friends, and when I came back after 3 hours, I was shocked. The video went wild. It was already gaining more than a million views. Then I immediately checked my revenues, the earnings section of my Youtube analytics, but the earnings still wasnt there yet. It had not reflected yet. Then I realized it would take one to two days before you can see the earnings. After 3 days I saw my earnings went from $200 a day t0 $400. A total of almost Two Thousand Dollars. 

So I was so happy and was already planning what I was gonna do with the money when the Payout arrived. The video garnered 4 Million views in 4 days. But after a couple of months continuing uploading videos that were not mine, I was demonetized. I received an email from YouTube telling me that my channel was demonetized. Even though I was still earning on that month and the previous month. YouTube said the revenues will be paid as soon as my channel will be monetized again after I fixed all, meaning, after I deleted all my infringing videos, and leave only my original videos and have already re applied for monetization. 

But now Youtube has become stern, more stern. You can't do the things now the same you did in 2017. I actually to have been demonetized in June, the same reason, I uploaded videos that were not mine, even though SMNI News and some big, established news outlets, channels, do it. I can re apply again in September 13. And the revenues I was supposed to receive wont be given to me anymore. YT said the money I earned will be refunded to the advertisers. 

It was a short time state of bliss, well, at those times where I was obssesed with money because I wasn't just earning in YouTube . I was also earning with my website. I was also earning from clients abroad making websites for them, and I had daily job as an online marketer. But now, I am a different person. I see to it that my pursuits, endeavours should always be for long term. Because I believe what's good for you in a short term is not necessary good for you in the long term. I learned my lessons. But not until I was demonetized again a few months ago. 

Still I keep on fighting, getting up every time I fall. It is more difficult to earn online nowadays than before. One factor is my age and the level of knowledge and skills I had accumulated over the years--made me less motivated compared before. I don't have a daily job anymore. I dont make websites anymore due to some issues in the past, the trust, the suspicions with each other, the client and me and my workers. It's difficult for me to work again with an employer. It's like demoting oneself from a CEO to an ordinary worker. But that's okay. Failure is part of the journey in order to succeed. 

So my advice to you, better not do what I did before on how I earned big money overnight. It would be never good for you in a long term. Worse, there is a possibility YouTube wont allow you to create channels anymore if you keep on doing it. Still you can't do it anymore these days even for a short term because YouTube wont pay you the money you've earned from that dishonest way of uploading, creating contents in Youtube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Born to Love Food

Greet and Taste Davao Delicacies: the Durian Style

DAVAO CHINATOWN