Thinking out of the box in vlogging (Matina 2023)
Sometimes I got stuck up of what to do and where to go in my self-indulgent pursuit called vlogging. I've decided I never had to go to far away places or cities just to vlog. I didnt want to. Not because I lack financial support but because I don't want to make videos that have already been done before. Picturesque, stunning views of nature like waterfalls, or white sand beach shore, swimming in a deep blue sea, jumpin on a deep river, ride a jet ski and some other things that involve outdoor water activites. Or featuring an exact restaurant or eatery and then somehow promote them in an unintentional way.I have done that before and I regret it. I wanna do something different. Like I said, something that has never been done before. Like places people seldom go and eat and chill. Places people dont normally hang out. Simple little places to eat that are ignored by most people beause of their cheapness and being lifeless. Not like elegant, flamboyant presenation of food in restaurants, the classy, the fine dining and other ways they do with food just to impress and sell.
So I was kind of stuck up, burntout, confused. Because this is a difficult thing to do. How are you going to lure viewers into watching your videos? How are you going to entertain them? But you know what? I dont care. I dont really care if they like my videos or not. Really. I just please myself and I know this gives value to people even they dont realize it. Thats a noble thing to do, as far as I'M concerned.
So this is where I've arrived at. Matina. A sequel to barangays I had been vlogging about in my past videos. Why not? Matina is a big place. Probably many dont know about some areas here that are cool, but regardless, this video is not a tour guide. This is my story. This is my vlog.
Even though I was confused where to go next, because it was unplanned, I still manage myself to walk and find a spot that interests me. I don't usually decide a topic and then plan an exact place to go, even call somebody from that place to corrdinate with me. No. I just arrive at a place and think, or not even think, just go, and watch, observe, and follow my intuition. Let the universe lead me. And here I am.
Like I've said I walked and walked until I find something. And alas. Here's another spot. ...
And then here is another one after some half a kilometer walk. Very cool place. I was intrigued by the sight of it from where I was standing at the side of the road. I Knew it was a restaurant. Seaside it said. But I saw inside some tables and chairs and the background was some kind of a bridge where cars running back and forth. This is awesome, I said to myself.
And then something occured to me. Nah I dont want to eat their seafood. Why? I just dont fee like it, thats why. Also, again, I wanna do something different. The seafood here has been well promoted, even over promoted, overrated I say, anyway. I understand obviously and presumably from the people who post too frequently in their Instagram and Facebook, the food, the delectable food they eat or about to eat. And when youre here in this kind of place, this, these seafood is the most reasonable food to post in their Instagram accounts. Youre in Seaside c'mon. The side of the sea. But for me, No, I wanna eat chocolates. Chocolates and beer. Thats a good combination. They're both fermented. Good for the body. Why not?
I've been alone for quite long already. I've been alone for about 5 hours since I dropped off at Jade By the Sea. And here I've been alone for so long a little girl came to me and said hi. She wanted to play with me. And so I talked to her and played a bit with her. When she started to touch my camera I tried to ask where's her mom and dad. She left.
So I thought it's no good already especially in a weekend like this, and a time of Kadayawan Festival. Its no polite to be alone. Too selfish. Too rude.
The little girl came back with a can of Coke. She picked up my dark glasses and put them below her forehead. I took a picture of me and her...and after, she went near me to take a peek of my phone screen to see how she looked like with my sunglasses on. She laughed so hard that made me laughed so hard too. Some moments later a man came to pick her up, because she began to become so hyperactive she fell off her chair. Well, keep her away from the Coke, brother.
So I called up again a friend, well, she's one of my followers in Facebook who happens to live in the same barangay I also live, whom I haven't met yet in person. We have already planned this. But I wanted to make sure if shes going to pursue it. So I kept on coaxing her and convincing her to come. Yes, I thought. This is my chance to get laid. Nah just kidding. I mean this is my chance to meet a new person, a new friend, special friend I would say. Meeting different kinds of people, new people, strangers or just people are oppurtunities for growth. Isnt it? But I waited for almost 2 hours for them to arrive. Finally they did.
From the looks of the restaurant's ambiance, the crowd and the extraordinariness of this place, there was something not quite good going on around there. An elderly, probably 70 years old, went furious about the service they had there. He and his company waited for probably more than half an hour for their beers to be served. 20 minutes after we arrived next to their table, still the beers weren't served, while they were munching slices of pizza. The box from which the slices came from was probably first served an hour earlier. I know this because when we arrived at the table next to them, they were already complaining before we even manage to order our own food and drinks. Some 20 minutes after we ordered our preference, the pork sisig arrived. There were still no beers on our table. Still beers aren't served on their table too. That's strange. Aren't beers served before the food? Things got tangled up when the elderly guy went to the counter and got mad and complained.
For now it has to be way beyond Matina. I had to go to some place. I just miss this.
What else to tell? I think no more. Thank you.


Comments
Post a Comment